Hindsford CE Primary School is a Voluntary Controlled school. All our admission arrangements are arranged by the Local Authority. Please contact the Local Authority if you have any queries regarding admissions.
Timetabe for Admissions to Reception Class September 2017
- Admission information available. On-line application service opens. 6th November 2016
- Closing date for applications. On-line application service closes. 15th January 2017
- Wigan Local Authority sends details of applications to other local authorities. 6th February 2017
- Wigan Local Authority sends details of all applications to Foundation and Voluntary Aided schools, including applications from other local authorities. 6th March 2017
- Foundation and Voluntary Aided schools send ranked lists of applications to the Local Authority with initial offers. 20th March 2017
- Wigan Local Authority informs other local authorities of offers to be made to their residents. 24th March 2017
- Wigan Local Authority send final lists of pupils offered places to Voluntary Aided schools and other local authorities. 3rd April 2017
- Offers are sent out to parents. 16th April 2017
- Parents to return acceptance slips for offer of school places. 2nd May 2017
- Closing date for appeals. 17th May 2017
Hindsford CE School is a one form entry school with a total capacity for 210 pupils.
The maximum number of children admitted to Reception class is 30.
- Children with special educational needs which names the school
- Children in public care
- Children whose older brother or sister attend the school and who will still be there at the time of admission (see note below)
- Other children living closest to the school. Distance is measured on a survey map in a straight line
In the event of over subscription in any one criterion, priority will be given to those living nearest to school.
NOTE: brothers and sisters include half or step brothers and sisters, and foster brothers and sisters, who are living at the same address as part of the same family unit.
Wigan Children’s Services administers the admission procedure. Parents who are not offered a place can appeal against the decision.
A meeting is arranged for all new parents in the summer term. The new Reception children will be able to come into school for three half days in the summer term where they will have the opportunity to meet their teachers and the other pupils.
Parents/Carers will need to contact the Local Authority on 01942 489013 or visit Wigan Council – Primary School Admissions online to learn more about the process of admission for Hindsford CE School.